From weaning to 3 months old rabbits are called young rabbits. Practice has proved that the mortality rate of young rabbits is very high and it is difficult to raise them well. This is related to the physiological characteristics of young rabbits. First, the young rabbits are in the peak period of body growth and development, and at the same time, they are in the first age-related hair changing period. Therefore, there is a very urgent need for nutrients, often you can see the young rabbit greedy. However, the digestive system function of young rabbits is not perfect, the digestive capacity is poor, and diarrhea is often caused by overeating. Once digestive system diseases occur, the intestinal wall becomes more permeable, and some macromolecular harmful substances also enter the blood circulation through the intestinal wall. Therefore, after the young rabbits get sick, they often show very serious symptoms and high mortality. 2、 After weaning, the young rabbits can not get an anti microbial milk factor in milk, which is produced by the reaction of a matrix in breast milk with the enzymes in the stomach of young rabbits. Third, the concentration of gastric acid in weaned rabbits can't reach that of adult rabbits, so young rabbits are particularly susceptible to coccidiosis. According to the investigation, the mortality of young rabbits is as high as 54.66% ～ 82.5%, and most of them die of digestive system diseases and coccidiosis. Therefore, the key to raise Angora rabbit is to strengthen feeding management and do a good job in disease prevention.
1. Feed, environment and management remained unchanged before and after weaning. Because the ability of the newly weaned rabbits to adapt to the environment is very poor, the weaned rabbits should try to keep the feed, environment and management unchanged before weaning. The change must be carried out step by step so that the young rabbits can adapt.
2. Group feeding. After weaning, the young rabbits should be raised in groups according to their age and weight. Generally, 4-5 rabbits per cage should be kept in cages, and about 10 rabbits in each group should be raised in groups. The sports ground is set up when the rabbits are raised in groups, so that the rabbits can move in and out freely and enhance their physique.
3. High energy concentrate such as corn should be limited. The results showed that the mortality of young rabbits was related to the high energy diet such as corn. Therefore, reducing the amount of high energy feed such as corn and increasing the amount of high fiber feed such as alfalfa have a good effect on preventing enteritis of young rabbits.
4. Ensure feed quality. Green feed with more moisture, especially vegetable leaves, should be limited, and fermented and rancid feed should be prohibited.
5. Appropriate amount of milk and goat's milk can be mixed into the diet of young rabbits. It can be used to improve the survival rate of the rabbit, especially when it is mixed with milk powder. The reason is that it can make the alimentary tract of young rabbits form microbiota more quickly, adapt to the new conditions after weaning, and milk contains rich nutrients such as protein which is easy to digest and absorb.
6. Feeding method to time limit, a small number of multiple meals. Because Angora rabbits have the habit of eating greedily, it is necessary to limit the amount of food at a certain time, especially the favorite food for young rabbits, such as green and juicy food, so as to prevent food injury and diarrhea. Feed at a fixed time every day. The amount of feeding should be increased or decreased according to whether there is residual or insufficient feed after each feeding. At the same time, combined with the observation of the soft and hard feces and digestion of rabbits, the feeding amount was adjusted reasonably.
7. Attention should be paid to prevent abrupt climate change such as cold current. Young rabbits are delicate and sensitive to environmental changes, especially cold current and other abrupt climate changes, so prevention work should be done well. Other things such as fright should also be prevented and the environment should be well controlled.
8. Do a good job in sanitation and epidemic prevention. Many kinds of infectious diseases are easy to occur in young rabbits, so it is very important to do a good job in epidemic prevention. First of all, clean the cage and pay attention to disinfection, so as to reduce the occurrence of diseases; second, do a good job in disease prevention according to the seasonal characteristics, such as preventing stomatitis, pneumonia and cold in spring, and focus on coccidiosis prevention in summer, especially in the rainy season. Chlorphenformin, sulfanilamide, thiram and other coccidiosis drugs can be added to the feed. Feed often add onion, garlic and other medicinal plants, for disease prevention and growth promotion are good. Timely vaccination should not be ignored. In addition to the injection of rabbit plague vaccine, we should also inject Pasteurella, Clostridium welchii and Bordetella vaccines according to the actual situation to ensure the safety of rabbits.
Conclusion: young rabbits are difficult to raise in the process of raising rabbits. In addition to attaching great importance to it ideologically, effective measures should be taken to ensure the healthy development of Angora rabbits. If you want to know more wonderful content, please click the website: 。