According to rabbit formula feed manufacturers, rabbit diseases are not only treated with western medicine, but also provided with many Chinese herbal medicines. On the one hand, they can prevent diseases, on the other hand, they can be used as adjuvant treatment of Western medicine. Generally, there are five kinds of Chinese herbal medicines that can be fed to rabbits
1) Cranberry (Cranberry): a good source of vitamine C and helps treat urinary tract infections. Although humans find fresh cranberries a little bitter, some rabbits may still enjoy it! Try to cut the cranberry in half for the rabbit to eat.
2) Borage leaves: beneficial for mildly strengthening kidney function - especially for animals that have been treated with steroids. Therefore, rabbits can be given some fresh borage leaves for them to nibble, note that dry leaves will quickly lose efficacy, so freshness is very important.
3) Chrysanthemum: is a non-toxic insect repellent. Although its effect is not as fast as other herbal anthelmintics, it has anti-inflammatory effect and anti-inflammatory effect caused by parasites in the intestinal mucosa; it also has the function of tightening and strengthening the smooth muscle of the whole body (including heart, bladder, especially uterus); chrysanthemum also has the functions of appetizer, anti cramp, promoting digestion, relieving flatulence, diuresis, calming and helping sleep It can also treat skin irritation caused by insect bites (allergy, mold infection, etc.). Note: small animals are very sensitive, so you need to use a small amount of drug on the skin to see if your rabbit is allergic to the drug before feeding the rabbit, but do not use it on pregnant female rabbits.
4) Birch: it is said that it can be used as a diuretic to eliminate inflammation and relieve pain. Give your rabbit birch branches to bite, pay attention to the need for fresh branches.
5) Dandelion: contains vitamin A, C, K, D, vitamin B group, trace elements and protein. Dandelion roots nourish the liver, clear blood vessels, and mildly increase bile without stimulating liver inflammation. Dandelion flower has slight analgesic effect. Leaf has diuretic effect, and can also prevent heart failure, pulmonary edema, arthritis, kidney stones and other diseases, but different from drugs, dandelion leaves also provide a lot of potassium needed by the body.